- Examination of updated diagnostic X-rays: essential for detecting tooth decay, bone loss, cysts, polyps, abscesses, tumors, and any hidden dental abnormalities or misalignments not visible to the naked eye.
- Checking your temporomandibular joint (TMJ or jaw joint) for any abnormal clicking, popping, or discomfort, which may be alarming signs of malfunctioning or improper articulation of the jaw.
- Gum disease evaluation: checking your gums for any signs of inflammation and, if necessary, measuring pockets (spaces between your tooth and gum) around your teeth to determine your periodontal health.
- Oral cancer screening: examining your face, lips, and mouth tissues for signs of any abnormal changes, including red patches, hardened white or gray lesions or sore spots, and palpating your face and neck for suspicious lumps (read more).
- Thorough examination of all tooth surfaces for tooth decay.
- Examination of all existing tooth restorations for any signs of secondary decay, chips, cracks, fractures or any other defects or imperfections.
In some cases, our dentists at My Smiles may also find it helpful to take some additional diagnostic X-rays, measurements, photographs, and impressions of your teeth for wax-up study models.
Our dentists will then carefully evaluate all his findings and design a treatment plan, tailored specifically for your needs and expectations.
Regular oral examinations and oral cancer screenings can help you avoid serious and costly dental and general health problems and is the key to having a healthy and beautiful smile for many years to come.
At My Smiles Center in Des Plaines and Joliet, we offer our patients a Complete Oral Exam and X-Rays for a very affordable price. We have deals going on year-round to ensure that our patients are staying up to date with all their dental health. Contact our offices in Joliet or Des Plaines, IL today to learn more.